NakedProgress.com Rules, Terms and Conditions
1 Acceptance The Use Of NakedProgress Terms and Conditions
Your access to and use of NakedProgress is subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions. You will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. By using the Website you are fully accepting the terms, policies, rules, conditions and disclaimers (collectively, “Terms and Conditions”) contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the Website.
The contents of NakedProgress website do not constitute professional advice and should not be relied upon in making or refraining from making, any decision... legal, medical, technical, or otherwise.
3 Change of Use
NakedProgress reserves the right to:
3.1 change or remove (temporarily or permanently) the Website or any part of it without notice and you confirm that NakedProgress shall not be liable to you for any such change or removal, and
3.2 change these Terms and Conditions at any time, and your continued use of the Website following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change.
4 Links to Third Party Websites
NakedProgress may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to other websites is not an endorsement of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the content or availability of any such sites.
5 Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
5.1 NakedProgress is provided on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
5.2 To the extent permitted by law, NakedProgress will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatever (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website.
5.3 NakedProgress makes no warranty that the functionality of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
You agree to indemnify and hold NakedProgress and its employees and agents harmless from and against all liabilities, legal fees, damages, losses, costs and other expenses in relation to any claims or actions brought against NakedProgress arising out of any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
8 Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Indiana (United States) law and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts therein.
For any further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In addition to the standard legalese above, NakedProgress.com also has the following policies.
1. All users/visitors must be 18+ years of age or older.
Nudity and Explicit Sexual Content
1. Nudity is fine, although definitely not required. Besides improving our actual health, many of us are trying to look better, both with and without clothes.
No pornographic material of any kind may be posted. NakedProgress is about accepting ourselves for who we are, striving to improve ourselves and help others, and living a better, healthier life. Of course, to the extent that sexuality is part of the human condition, it may be discussed and explored. However, any content (whether in the form of media or discussion) for the purpose of immediate sexual arousal is forbidden.
Summary: Rated R or below is good. Rated NC-17 is at the moderator’s discretion, depending on context. Rated X is a no-go.
2. There is a line between playful sexual innuendo/jokes (which are okay), and harassment (which is NOT okay). Don’t cross that line.
1. The most important rule: don’t be a dick.
This is good advice for life generally, but it’s also true here.
Be kind, supportive and respectful. You can (and will !) disagree with others, but please keep the discussion(s) civil. With that said, constructive criticism and debate is okay and welcomed!
2. If we’ve learned one thing from our time on the internet, it is that EVERYTHING offends SOMEBODY. So if you’re offended by something somebody said... just try to let it go. If it’s on somebody’s profile page or blog, just don’t look at it any more. If it’s something that is really bad, breaks the sites’ rules, or you otherwise think needs attention, then contact a moderator or Adam.
3. For now, every user will be made into a “Gold Premium Member,” which allows use of nearly every aspect of NakedProgress. This site is running on private funds for the foreseeable future, but at some point if the site gets large enough, the site will have to be self-sustaining (financially) in order for it to stay alive. So take advantage of the free Gold Membership while you can!
If / when the community becomes active and successful, we will find some way to show our appreciation for the contributions of all you early adopters.
4. You can post as much or as little personally identifying information as you see fit. But be smart about it. We all know that the internet lives forever, and there is practically no way around it.
However, do NOT post ANY personally identifying information about other members on NakedProgress. This is a serious breach of trust, and can result in immediate termination of your account.
5. Although every reasonable precaution is being taken to protect the site (such as SSL, regular backups, etc)... we have limited resources at the moment, and cannot guarantee with 100% certainty that the site will never be compromised. Keep this in mind when you post personal information (just like anywhere else on the internet!).
However, understand that we are big believers in the First Amendment and privacy rights. And not that this is likely, but if Big Brother starts knocking on our door asking for personal information of NakedProgress users, we will only comply to the extent required by law.*
*Exception: we will not actively protect people who post illegal (underage) pornography. Because fuck those people.
6. Site Administrators and Moderators may, in their sole discretion, delete accounts that have little to no activity on them. NakedProgress isn’t about voyeurism. It’s about being a member of a community and contributing, even if just a little bit.
Example: Accounts that have been open for one or more weeks, but do not have any profile information, have no posts, no likes, no blogs, no participation in the forums... these accounts will be deleted.
Thank you for your understanding.
1. Running a social media site is a very time-consuming endeavor, so we will eventually be looking for volunteers to help maintain / moderate the site in the future.
2. We have big plans to eventually allow customized spreadsheet/database-like data input, so that users can track statistics and trends over time. However, this feature is probably a year or more away.
3. We hate to do it, but we have to put our foot down on the marketing and solicitation of MLM products and services. As many of you have probably experienced, many social sites (such as facebook) turn into a wall of spam for Nerium, Beachbody, Advocare, Nu Skin, It Works, etc. If you’re into any of these things, that’s fine (we like some of the Beachbody stuff ourselves). There is no issue with talking about the products, or even having a link to your pyramid scheme on your profile, but you cannot actively sell or promote the products on NakedProgress.
4. Diversity it a good thing. We hope it is embraced.